

The National Police Commission (NAPOLCOM) on Thursday expressed skepticism over allegations that two Makati police officers physically assaulted the personal assistant and driver of actress Rhian Ramos.
In an ambush interview at the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI), NAPOLCOM Executive Officer Rafael Calinisan said he saw no evidence of injury to the complainant, known as “Totoy,“ in CCTV footage from inside the Makati Police station, according to a report by RH Jecelle Ricafort.
Calinisan also noted that he had long been waiting for Totoy to come forward with a formal complaint at the NAPOLCOM office.
“Noon ko pa inaantay ‘yung complainant sa Napolcom. We haven’t filed any complaint yet until today, there’s no complaint to the Napolcom. Tali din naman ang kamay ko,” Calinisan said.
He added, however, that NAPOLCOM will immediately launch a motu proprio investigation once Totoy files a complaint against the Makati police officers.
“Candidly speaking I saw the CCTV in the news and from there I don’t want to prejudge the case but I could not see anybody getting hurt in those CCTV footage release. That’s why we did not order a moto propio investigation,” Calinisan said.
Totoy previously claimed that he was beaten by two police officers to force him to admit stealing a red envelope containing sensitive photographs.
Meanwhile, the NBI has not yet summoned Ramos, Michelle Dee, or Samantha Panlilio, who were implicated by Totoy in allegations of torture and illegal detention. The bureau continues to gather evidence and is evaluating the credibility of the complainant.
According to NBI spokesperson Palmer Mallari, they aim to issue subpoenas to Ramos and the others next week.
