

The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Director Melvin Matibag said that the agency has received information that “several” individuals could soon be issued arrest warrants by the International Criminal Court (ICC).
Speaking at Saturday News Forum, Matibag said the agency is aware of developments suggesting that more warrants may be released as part of the ICC’s continuing investigation.
“We have information that there are several na ma-isyuhan pa ng warrant ng ICC,” Matibag said.
He, however, declined to identify the individuals being monitored, citing the need to avoid preempting any official action by the international tribunal.
Matibag emphasized that the agency follows established protocols in serving arrest warrants, regardless of the identity of the person involved or the nature of the alleged offense.
The NBI said it remains ready to enforce any additional ICC-issued warrants as they are formally released.
“It doesn’t matter who he is or kung ano man krimen niya. Basta may warrant, meron talaga kaming protocol,” he said.
“So, kung may lumabas na additional warrant of arrest, we are always ready to enforce and to serve the warrant,” the NBI chief added.
He added that the NBI avoids disclosing operational details to prevent compromising ongoing monitoring efforts.
“That’s the reason why we don’t want to discuss how it came to be because we don’t want to preempt the personalities that may be issued the warrant.,” Matibag said during the Saturday News Forum.
“Because we understand, we have information that there are several that will be issued warrants from the ICC,” he added.
The statement comes amid the ICC’s investigation into alleged crimes against humanity linked to the anti-drug campaign during the administration of former President Rodrigo Duterte, who is currently in The Hague, Netherlands.
Authorities have previously focused on several figures associated with the campaign, including former Philippine National Police (PNP) chief and dela Rosa, who has been mentioned in connection with related allegations.
According to earlier reports, attempts were made by authorities to serve a warrant on Dela Rosa at the Senate last week, but he was placed under protective custody by the chamber.
His current whereabouts remain unclear following his departure from the Senate premises after a reported incident on May 13.
