DZRH Logo
Marcos orders 'tent city' for Bogo City residents displaced by quake
Marcos orders 'tent city' for Bogo City residents displaced by quake
Nation
Marcos orders 'tent city' for Bogo City residents displaced by quake
by Mary Antalan03 October 2025

President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. has ordered the setup of a “tent city” to provide temporary shelter for residents displaced by the 6.9-magnitude earthquake that struck Bogo City on September 30.

During his visit to personally oversee relief operations, the President expressed concern over the extensive damage to infrastructure, which has left many residents afraid to return to damaged buildings, including evacuation centers.

“Minamadali na lang natin… para naman may masilungan sila dito. Dahil marami, tama rin naman, natatakot na bumalik sa building. Mas gusto nila dito sila sa labas,” Marcos said after presiding over a situation briefing at the Bogo City Hall, which itself sustained significant damage.

“Yun ang kanilang kagustuhan, ‘yun ang ating susundan. So, that’s why ang proposal is the tent city,” he added.

The government plans to utilize large medical tents from the Philippine Red Cross, which were previously deployed as isolation wards during the COVID-19 pandemic. The tents are designed for quick setup and can withstand rainy conditions.

“Ang gagawin natin, kukuha tayo ng mga tent na malalaki at itatayo natin. Kagaya ng sinabi ko sa ating mga LGU executives, ito ‘yung mga tent ng Red Cross na ginamit noong COVID. At ito ay mabilis itayo at kahit umulan hindi problema. Kaya ‘yun ang dadalhin namin dito sa ngayon,” Marcos said.

The President also assured that the tent facilities would include essential services such as food, water, and electricity for evacuees.

“Kung saan ilalagay ‘yung gagawa ng tent city, kung tawagin, ay lalagyan din natin ng siyempre lahat nung facilities. Titiyakin natin na may food supply, may water supply, may kuryente kung kailangan mag-genset. Kung anuman ang pangangailangan ng tao ay titiyakin natin na mayroon,” he said.

Marcos reaffirmed that the government would continue supporting affected communities in ongoing relief and recovery efforts.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read