DZRH Logo
Malacañang says no need for medical bulletin on Marcos’ health
Malacañang says no need for medical bulletin on Marcos’ health
Nation
Malacañang says no need for medical bulletin on Marcos’ health
by Luwela Amor28 January 2026
Photo courtesy: PCO/Facebook

Malacañang on Wednesday said there is no need to issue a medical bulletin regarding the health condition of President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr., who was recently diagnosed with diverticulitis, as reported by RH Leth Narciso.

During a press conference, Palace Press Officer Undersecretary Claire Castro said that medical bulletins are typically released only when a president is suffering from a serious illness, which she stressed is not the case for Marcos.

According to Castro, the President’s condition is not life-threatening and is being properly managed by his doctors. She added that Marcos is in good health and only needs to pace himself and take it easy with work.

“Sa ating pagkakaalam po, pagka-naglabas ng medical bulletin, dapat si serious illness. Kung sinabi ng Pangulo na hindi ito life-threatening, so bakit kailanganin po sa ngayon ang medical bulletin?” Castro said.

She reiterated that the President only experienced mild discomfort and has continued to carry out official duties.

Castro pointed out that Marcos was seen attending several activities, including the oath-taking ceremony of Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Gen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr., as well as an Energy Development Corporation (EDC) event that reportedly lasted nearly two hours.

Earlier on Wednesday, Executive Secretary Ralph Recto said Marcos skipped an event at the Malacañang Palace in the morning after experiencing symptoms of diverticulitis, but assured the public that the President was fine and was simply catching up on paperwork.

Although Marcos was scheduled to attend the “Pagpupugay 2025: Parangal sa mga Lingkod” at Malacañang, he was represented instead by Recto.

However, the President later attended the oath-taking ceremony of the new PNP chief.

When asked whether the President is expected to attend activities outside the Palace in the coming days, Castro said this remains uncertain.

“Sa ngayon po, hindi po natin masasabi. At ang sabi nga po ni ES Ralph Recto ay pinaparelax muna ang ating Pangulo. Pero sabi po natin, umatend po siya ng activity ngayon. Nakakapagkaroon po siya ng private meetings. So umiigting po ang kalusugan ng Pangulo,” she said.

Castro also said the President was placed under "medical observation" on the evening of January 21 after experiencing discomfort.

In a video message, Marcos addressed rumors about his health, confirming that he was diagnosed with diverticulitis, a common condition often associated with stress and age.

He assured the public that he is recovering well and remains capable of fulfilling his duties

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read