DZRH Logo
In Mexico, at least 28 have died from measles outbreak that started 2025
In Mexico, at least 28 have died from measles outbreak that started 2025
World
In Mexico, at least 28 have died from measles outbreak that started 2025
by DZRH News12 February 2026
People queue to receive the measles vaccine at the Central de Abasto wholesale market, as health authorities in Mexico launch vaccination campaigns to curb a surge in cases and prevent wider regional transmission, in Mexico City, Mexico, February 11, 2026. REUTERS/Luis Cortes

MEXICO CITY, Feb 11 (Reuters) - Mexican Health Minister David Kershenobich said on Wednesday that at least 28 people in the country have died from the measles outbreak that began in 2025.

Authorities have registered 9,074 cases so far, official data given during the president's morning press conference showed.

Mexico has 28 million measles vaccines to distribute, which President Claudia Sheinbaum said "are sufficient, and there will even be some left over."

The country has 6.7 cumulative cases of measles per 100,000 inhabitants, the official data showed.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read