

The Independent Committee on Infrastructure (ICI) has also discovered "discrepancies" in the flood control project grid coordinates submitted by former Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) Secretary Manuel Bonoan, raising concerns that could affect the ongoing investigation, according to a report by RH Jecelle Ricafort on DZRH Damdaming Bayan on Monday.
An ICI official told DZRH News that the documents in question include multi-year programming schedules obtained by the Philippine National Police (PNP) through the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) and later submitted to the commission.
The official admitted that the inconsistencies may have an impact on the continuing probe and are now considering whether to examine the quality of the projects, including whether they complied with the approved detailed engineering design.
Authorities will also look into whether the projects were overpriced, if they were fully implemented, or if there were variations or reductions in scope compared with the original plans.
The ICI official stressed that even if flood control structures were built in different locations, the projects could still be considered “ghost” flood control projects if they did not correspond or match to what was presented during budget deliberations.
The ICI official said, such discrepancies may only be justified, if there were "approved modifications or variations" authorized by higher DPWH officials.
However, if the projects are eventually cleared of being ghost flood control projects, the next step would be to determine whether they met required standards and specifications.
Last week, ICI Special Adviser Rodolfo Azurin Jr. said the commission is close to completing all cases under its review.
