DZRH Logo
IAEA confirms entrances to Iran's Natanz enrichment plant were bombed
IAEA confirms entrances to Iran's Natanz enrichment plant were bombed
World
IAEA confirms entrances to Iran's Natanz enrichment plant were bombed
by DZRH News03 March 2026
A satellite image shows a closer view of the Natanz Nuclear Facility with new building damage, amid the U.S.-Israeli conflict with Iran, near Natanz, Iran, March 2, 2026. Vantor/Handout via REUTERS

VIENNA, March 3 (Reuters) - Entrances to Iran's underground and previously bombed uranium-enrichment plant at Natanz have been struck as part of the U.S.-Israeli military attacks on the country, the U.N. nuclear watchdog confirmed on Tuesday.

The underground Fuel Enrichment Plant (FEP) is one of Iran's three uranium-enrichment plants that are known to have been operating when Israel and the United States carried out strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities last June.

"Based on the latest available satellite imagery, IAEA can now confirm some recent damage to entrance buildings of Iran's underground Natanz Fuel Enrichment Plant," the International Atomic Energy Agency said on X.

"No radiological consequence expected and no additional impact detected at FEP itself, which was severely damaged in the June conflict," it added.

Advertisement

The IAEA's finding fits with that of U.S. think-tank the Institute for Science and International Security published on Monday after Iran said Natanz was hit on Sunday and the IAEA responded that any military strikes were not major.

(Reporting by Francois Murphy; Editing by Aidan Lewis, Alexandra Hudson)

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read