

Former presidential spokesperson Harry Atty. Roque has denied allegations of land grabbing, stressing that only a complaint, not a formal court case, has been filed against him.
In a Facebook video statement on Monday, March 23, Roque said, “Wala pa po akong kahit anong kaso for land grabbing. Nagsampa lang sila ng reklamo,” emphasizing that the matter has yet to reach the courts. He added that he has not signed any document nor taken ownership of any land unlawfully.
The complaint stems from a recent report filed with the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) by 17 farmers from Bataan, who accused Roque and First Bataan Mariveles Holdings Corporation, allegedly a POGO-linked company, of tricking them into transferring titles of their land.
According to the affidavit of Ramil Madriaga, who claimed to be a former security aide of Vice President Sara Duterte, the dispute involved properties registered under Roque’s office.
Roque maintained that a similar complaint involving a farmer had already been dismissed by the Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR), reinforcing his assertion that the accusations lack merit.
He alleged that the current complaint was politically motivated and filed after he initiated kidnapping-with-ransom charges against Madriaga, suggesting retaliation.
He also revealed that he allegedly refused a ₱5 million offer to withdraw a case, saying, “Hindi ko naman magawa po yan dahil yan ay labag sa aking sinumpaang katungkulan bilang isang abogado.” Roque stressed that he has consistently rejected bribery attempts, even in past high-profile pro bono cases.
Addressing rumors of a case filed before the Office of the Ombudsman, Roque said he has not received any notice and currently holds an Ombudsman clearance. He emphasized that any legal action, if valid, should be civil—not criminal—in nature.
Roque concluded by linking the accusations to political tensions, asserting confidence that he would eventually clear his name, and warning the public not to be swayed by what he described as false claims.
