

The number of visitors at the San Juan City Cemetery has noticeably declined this year compared to the same period in 2024, according to the data from San Juan City Police (SJCP).
Last year, more than 20,000 people visited the cemetery on the eve of Undas. This year, however, authorities said that the current visitor count has yet to reach even half of that figure, as reported by RH Edniel Parrosa.
A patrol officer on duty noted that a surge of visitors is still expected by November 1, the peak of the annual observance. He explained that many Filipinos may still be out of town for the long weekend, which could explain the slower influx of cemetery-goers.
Police also reported the confiscation of several banned items, including paint used for tomb repainting and other prohibited materials.
Members of the Highway Patrol Group conducted inspections around the cemetery grounds on Friday, October 31.
Authorities said the area has remained generally peaceful, with no untoward incidents reported.
