DZRH Logo
DOTr inspects MRT-3 stations, EDSA Busway, PITX, NAIA Terminal 3 amid inclement weather
DOTr inspects MRT-3 stations, EDSA Busway, PITX, NAIA Terminal 3 amid inclement weather
Metro Manila
DOTr inspects MRT-3 stations, EDSA Busway, PITX, NAIA Terminal 3 amid inclement weather
by Jim Fernandez19 August 2026
Photo from the Department of Transportation - Philippines/FB

Department of Transportation (DOTr) officials conducted an inspection of the MRT-3, EDSA Busway, Parañaque Integrated Terminal Exchange (PITX), and Terminal 3 of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) despite heavy rains in the past few days.

Transportation Secretary Giovanni “Banoy” Lopez ordered that train, busway, ports, and flight services remain suitably operational to ensure commuters and passengers have safe and comfortable travels.

“Ang utos ng ating Pangulo, dapat tiyaking maayos ang serbisyo sa ating mga pampublikong transportasyon para sa ating mga komyuter o pasahero. At maging kumbinyente ang kanilang mga biyahe, umulan man o umaraw,” Lopez said.

The DOTr composite team led the inspections, including Undersecretary for Planning and Project Development Teodorico Delfin, Assistant Secretary for Road Transport and Non-Infrastructure Dioscoro Reyes, Assistant Secretary for Maritime Villamor Plan, and Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) Director General Raul del Rosario.

The team first inspected the Quezon Avenue and Araneta-Cubao Stations along MRT-3, surveying its ticketing areas, escalators, elevators, CCTV rooms, among other facilities.

There were no reported property losses or structural damages in rail infrastructure projects such as MRT-7, the North-South Commuter Railway, Metro Manila Subway Project, and the Common Station, in spite of the onslaught of the Southwest Monsoon or “Habagat.”

The EDSA Busway remains operational, the team noted during their inspection. Its escalators and elevators at the EDSA Busway Megamall Station are undamaged, they reported.

Meanwhile, bus trips at the PITX remain ongoing amid sporadic downpours. The team reported that minimal trips were delayed on Monday due to operators’ swift response.

As for NAIA Terminal 3, its facilities sustained no notable damages.

According to CAAP, five flights with the Cebu Pacific airline were logged on Wednesday, August 19.

“So far, wala namang naitalang nasira. Maayos ang nakita nating sitwasyon sa MRT-3, EDSA busway, PITX, at NAIA matapos ‘yung malakas na pag-ulan. Katulad nga ng palaging sinasabi ni Sec. Banoy Lopez, iba ang personal na experience ng mga commuters. Kaya personal nating pinuntahan ang kalagayan ng ating mga public transportation para masiguro natin na ligtas talaga ang biyahe ng ating mga kababayan, lalo na sa gitna ng masamang panahon,” said Undersecretary Delfin.

Moreover, the Transportation agency will continue to implement free rides for all commuters. During severe weather conditions, it provided shelter, food, and water for stranded passengers, as well as the use of charging areas.

“Katulad ng sabi ni Sec. Lopez, dapat mabilis ang pag-aksyon para matiyak nating handa ang ating mga transport facilities sa kabila ng pagbaha at malakas na ulan. Patuloy din tayong makikipagtulungan sa ating mga concessionaire, mga LGU (local government units) at iba pang ahensya para mas mapalakas ang pagtugon ng DOTr sa mga ganitong sitwasyon,” Undersecretary Delfin said.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read