

The government blocked an attempt to deregister three helicopters allegedly linked to former Ako Bicol Rep. Zaldy Co, Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) Secretary Vince Dizon confirmed on Tuesday.
Dizon said that several companies connected to Co sought to deregister the aircraft, according to Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP).
"Nakatanggap ulit ako ng bagong report sa CAAP, mayroong tatlong chopper na sinubukang i-register ng nga iba’t ibang kumpanya na konektado kay Cong. Zaldy Co, tatlong chopper it," Dizon told reporters.
He added that CAAP stopped the deregistration process and has since issued a standing order barring all aircraft identified as linked to Co from being deregistered.
Deregistration is a legal requirement for disposing of aircraft through sale, making it a crucial step in any transfer of ownership.
Earlier on September 24, Dizon disclosed that air assets worth around ₱4.7 billion were registered under different companies allegedly tied to Co.
He has since requested the Anti-Money Laundering Council (AMLC) to freeze these assets, citing a prior recommendation from Justice Secretary Jesus Crispin “Boying” Remulla and the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI).
However, Dizon revealed in a radio interview on September 29 that the freeze order has not yet been enforced.
The DPWH chief said he has also informed the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Independent Commission for Infrastructure (ICI) about the helicopters and other aircraft assets linked to the former lawmaker.
