

The death toll from the effects of the southwest monsoon or habagat and the recent tropical cyclones has risen to 27, the Philippine National Police (PNP) confirmed on Monday, August 17.
The PNP announced in a press briefing that two individuals remain missing, while 18 have been injured.
In a separate update, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said that over five million people were affected by the habagat and tropical cyclones Luis and Maymay, RH Edniel Parrosa reported.
Last week, the PNP confirmed that the death toll was at 25. PNP Public Information Chief Col. Allen Rae Co said that of the 25 deaths, one PNP personnel is included.
As of 8:00 AM on Monday, the PAGASA said a low pressure area (LPA) is being monitored inside the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR), and has a medium potential of developing into a tropical depression within the next 24 hours.
