

The National Police Commission (NAPOLCOM) Commissioner Ralph Calinisan responded to vlogger Norman Mangusin, also known as “Francis Leo Marcos,” over the latter’s statement regarding a photo showing him wearing a police uniform.
In a social media post, Calinisan cast doubt on Mangusin’s apology, questioning its sincerity. “Is this an apology, Mangusin? Or is this an excuse? Is this the best that you can do?” Calinisan said in his response.
The commissioner also warned Mangusin against disrespecting the police uniform and the members of the Philippine National Police (PNP), stressing that the uniform should not be taken lightly.
Earlier on Wednesday, February 11, Mangusin issued a statement addressing the circulating image of him supposedly wearing a police uniform. He explained that the photo first appeared in January 2019 and claimed that he had digitally edited his face onto a mannequin dressed in a police uniform because he wanted to see how he would look if he became a police officer.
Mangusin maintained that he never actually wore a police uniform. He also said he is prepared to answer any allegations that may be filed against him in connection with the issue.
The following day, Mangusin seemingly edited his post, correcting the grammar of his statement, which was pointed out in Calinisan’s response.
The controversy came after authorities warned that unauthorized use of police uniforms may constitute a violation of the law.
