

The Quezon City Police District (QCPD) has identified the boyfriend of a missing bride-to-be as a person of interest in the ongoing investigation into her disappearance, authorities confirmed.
QCPD Director Police Colonel Randy Glenn Silvio said the development followed the report of a special investigation team formed to focus on the case of Sherra De Juan, who was reported missing earlier this month, as reported by RH Val Gonzales.
Silvio said De Juan’s fiancé, Mark Arjay Reyes, is now among those being investigated by the QCPD. Reyes was the one who initially reported De Juan’s disappearance to QCPD Station 5 on December 10, four days before their scheduled wedding on December 14.
Based on Reyes’ report, De Juan allegedly left their residence after saying she would buy items needed for their wedding. She was said to have left her mobile phone behind, raising concern when she failed to return.
Police said the results of the forensic examination, particularly on the cellphone believed to have been left by De Juan, are expected to be released later today.
The QCPD has yet to disclose the possible motive or specific reasons for linking Reyes to the case, citing the ongoing investigation.
The police department is also expected to release an official statement within the day regarding the case.
