

Senator Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go on Tuesday rebutted former Senator Antonio “Sonny” Trillanes IV, urging him to file a formal complaint against his alleged financer.
This comes after Trillanes filed a plunder complaint on Tuesday morning against him and former President Rodrigo Duterte over alleged anomalous infrastructure projects worth nearly P7 billion.
“To Trillanes, you are barking at the wrong tree,” said Go during the press conference, “Kung seryoso ka talaga, bakit hindi mo kasuhan yung mga totoong mga kurap talaga? Bakit hindi mo kasuhan yung mga financers mo? Yung mga contractor, alam mo yun.”
Go expressed frustration over the prolonged Senate hearings, pointing out that multiple sessions have already been conducted, and the individuals behind questionable government contracts are clearly identified.
He emphasized that some individuals who are profiting from government contracts are also sitting congressmen, referring to them as “congtractors.” He also claimed that these lawmakers are the real owners of the companies involved and are directly benefiting from the contracts.
Go also claimed that Trillanes is allegedly refusing to pursue these individuals, suggesting that the former senator is protecting them because they are his financers, “Ayaw mong habulin dahil financer mo nga.”
“Tama yung sinabi ni Senator Bato [Dela Rosa]. May mga financer ka. Baka nga yung ginamit mong pondong yun ay nanggaling pa sa flood control,” Go stated.
He also implied that Trillanes’s previous investigations into the former President could have been financed through those flood control funds.
“Huwag kang magmalinis dito. Huwag mong ilihis ang totoong issue. Dito lang tayo sa katotohanan. Seek the truth, not the script, not the playbook,” he added, warning Trillanes not to act innocent or divert attention from the real issue.
Go stated that his conscience is clear, unlike Trillanes, whom he accused of having a tainted conscience both publicly and privately. He claimed that Trillanes’s main goal is to protect his financiers and those behind the black propaganda against him.
Moreover, Go dismissed Trillanes’s latest allegations as a mere rehash of old accusations aimed at discrediting him and diverting public attention from the real issue. He stressed that Trillanes has repeatedly filed the same complaints over the years, in 2018, 2021, 2024, and now 2025, and that the latest filing is no different from the previous ones.
"Na-file na po niya ito last year. Tapos na po election, nanalo na nga po ako, naging number one pa. Salamat at mas naniwala kayo sa akin kaysa kay Trillanes," Go said.
“Siya yung tamad at alam ng Pilipino sino yung korap. Siya ‘yon,” he added.
In a previous report, Go was identified as one of the politicians linked to contractors allegedly involved in anomalous DPWH projects, reportedly due to a conflict of interest.
