

A barber and his alleged drug runner were arrested after authorities seized more than ₱1 million worth of suspected shabu in a buy-bust operation conducted by the Regional Police Drug Enforcement Unit-6 (RPDEU-6) in Barangay Poblacion East, Oton, Iloilo, on December 10, 2025.
Police identified the suspects as alias “Noy-noy,” 37, and alias “Bantong,” 23, both residents of the area. RPDEU-6 Deputy Chief PMaj Marvin Villanueva said one plastic sachet of suspected shabu was sold to operatives for ₱12,000 during the operation.
Recovered from the suspects were about 175 grams of suspected shabu with an estimated market value of ₱1.19 million. Authorities said the two had been under surveillance for months prior to the arrest.
Alias “Noy-noy” reportedly admitted to selling shabu since 2020 under the direction of his uncle, while alias “Bantong” admitted to using the illegal drug but denied selling it. Both suspects are facing charges for violation of Republic Act 9165, or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
Authorities are continuing their investigation to determine the source of the illegal drugs recovered from the suspects.
