DZRH Logo
Baha sa Luneta 2.0 organizers cry foul after police block protest setup over permit issue
Baha sa Luneta 2.0 organizers cry foul after police block protest setup over permit issue
Metro Manila
Baha sa Luneta 2.0 organizers cry foul after police block protest setup over permit issue
by Thea Divina30 November 2025
Photo from RH Jecelle Ricafort.

Organizers of the “Baha sa Luneta 2.0” protest on Roxas Boulevard were unable to set up their stage early Sunday after police allegedly blocked their assembly over the absence of a permit, the Bagong Alyansang Makabayan (BAYAN) said.

RH Jecelle Ricafort reports that according to BAYAN Secretary General Mong Palatino, officers stopped their group along the stretch of Roxas Boulevard and insisted on seeing a permit before allowing the installation of the stage.

Palatino said the group was supposed to complete the setup and accompanying road closure as early as midnight.

“Nakapagtataka na ang hinahanap nila sa amin ngayon [ay] permit. Samantalang noong September 21 naman wala ring permit, may protesta… Hinaharangan tayo ng pulis at ito ay kinokondena natin,” Palatino said.

Despite this, he stressed that the rally had already been coordinated with the Manila City government and the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA), which he said had assured them of logistical assistance.

“We believe the ongoing attempt to derail the Luneta protest is linked to the overkill, unnecessary, disproportionate, and paranoid security preparations around the vicinity of Recto, Mendiola, and Malacañang,” Palatino added.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read