DZRH Logo
Atong Ang possibly in Vietnam; PH begins informal backchannel talks — Remulla
Atong Ang possibly in Vietnam; PH begins informal backchannel talks — Remulla
Nation
Atong Ang possibly in Vietnam; PH begins informal backchannel talks — Remulla
by Luwela Amor07 April 2026
File photo

Gaming tycoon Atong Ang was reportedly spotted in Vietnam last month, Interior and Local Government Secretary Jonvic Remulla confirmed on Tuesday, April 7.

According to a report by RH Edniel Parrosa on DZRH's MBC TV News Network, speaking to reporters at Camp Crame, Remulla said intelligence reports suggest Ang may have crossed into Vietnam through a “backdoor” route from Mindanao to evade the law.

The DILG chief said authorities are still validating the intelligence information.

"Well, again. Wala kasi nga amin diyan eh, diba? In the underworld, they don’t leave any fingerprints behind. So, these are intelligence reports that we are validating and we continue to validate para makita natin talaga," he said.

Remulla earlier suggested that Ang may have been hiding in the so-called “Golden Triangle” to continue his business, though Cambodian authorities denied having records of Ang entering their country.

Ang, who has been charged with kidnapping and serious illegal detention, is accused of masterminding the abduction and killing of more than 100 cockfighting operators and employees since 2021. Courts in Laguna and Batangas issued warrants for his arrest last January.

Meanwhile, the Philippine government has started "informal" backchannel talks with Vietnam to verify Ang’s whereabouts. Authorities are coordinating with foreign counterparts to confirm the reports.

Meanwhile, the Philippine National Police (PNP) has conducted raids on approximately 200 properties allegedly linked to Ang in the country. All operations so far have returned negative, showing no indication that Ang left the Philippines legally.

Ang currently has a ₱20 million bounty for information leading to his arrest.

Whistleblower Julie “Dondon” Patidongan alleged that Ang orchestrated the abductions of multiple sabungeros in Bulacan, Manila, Laguna, and Batangas, claiming that the victims were killed and their bodies dumped in Taal Lake.

The business tycoon remains the only suspect at large among twenty of his co-accused, who were arrested shortly after the issuance of the warrants.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read