

The Cambodian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation on Saturday, February 7 rejected reports that fugitive businessman Atong Ang is in the country.
In a statement posted on their official Facebook page, the ministry said that their spokesperson confirmed that Ang has not entered Cambodia and that there are no official records of his entry or exit in the country.
"According to an official report from the Immigration General Department of the Ministry of the Interior of Cambodia, there is no record of Charlie Tiu Hay Ang's entry or exit at any Cambodian border checkpoints," the statement reads.
The ministry’s statement said the clarification was issued to “dispel recent media reports suggesting that Charlie Tiu Hay Ang may be hiding in Cambodia, while a team of Philippine police officers had been dispatched to search for him.”
Ang remains a wanted man in the Philippines after a warrant of arrest was issued against him in connection with the disappearance of several cockfighting enthusiasts.
Earlier, the Bureau of Immigration (BI) stated that it has no record or information confirming that Ang is in Cambodia, contradicting Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Jonvic Remulla, who said there are reports suggesting that Ang may be in the country.
