DZRH Logo
‘Another fishing expedition’: VP Sara urges public to remain vigilant amid alleged smear claims
‘Another fishing expedition’: VP Sara urges public to remain vigilant amid alleged smear claims
Nation
‘Another fishing expedition’: VP Sara urges public to remain vigilant amid alleged smear claims
by Mika Jenymae Rasing13 December 2025
Photo from the Office of the Vice President/FB

Vice President Sara Duterte urged the public to remain vigilant amid the alleged smear claims against her.

In a statement on Saturday, December 13, the Vice President stated, “Another fishing expedition is now being launched, as they scrambled to weaponize any accusation they can manufacture just to create a semblance of procedural legitimacy for an investigation.”

The statement was issued a day after the issue on the alleged misuse of P612.5 million in confidential funds was again brought to light through a criminal complaint filed by civil society leaders and other individuals. Last year, the House Committee on Good Government and Public Accountability launched an investigation into the matter, unveiling several anomalies, particularly the signatories such as Mary Grace Piattos and Kokoy Villamin.

Describing the probe as a “full-blown fishing expedition,” Duterte emphasized in her statement that government officials searched for anything that could be twisted into grounds for impeachment.

“Then came the revelation that signatures for my impeachment were being courted in exchange for budget allocations. Several lawmakers themselves recently confirmed how the constitutional process was being cheapened and reduced to a marketplace,” she said.

With this, the Vice President urged the public to remain vigilant and to refrain from believing smear claims against her.

“Hindi ito tungkol sa paghahanap ng katotohanan—ito ay tungkol sa pagtakip ng nakawan sa kaban ng bayan na hanggang ngayon ay walang nananagot,” she stated.

“Patuloy lamang tayo maging matatag sa harap ng pagbagsak ng ekonomiya at walang tigil na pagtaas ng presyo ng mga bilihin. Patuloy tayong magdasal para sa kapayapaan,” she added.

Duterte also assured that their office will continue to deliver “efficient, accessible, and responsible” public service.

On Friday, civil society leaders, a coalition of priests and rights advocates, filed multiple criminal complaints—including bribery, malversation, graft and corruption, the Culpable Violation of the Constitution, and the betrayal of public trust— before the Office of the Ombudsman.

“In light of the many calls of the Filipino people for accountability, we should not forget the many instances that the second-highest officer of the country has curtailed away questions and investigations of her anomalous use of confidential funds,” Fr. Flavie Villanueva said in an ambush interview.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read