

Former Bamban, Tarlac mayor Alice Guo will be transferred to the Correctional Institution for Women (CIW), “as soon as practicable,” the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP) said.
Under the supervision of the Bureau of Corrections (BuCor), the BJMP said on Thursday, December 4, that they will transfer custody of Guo to the CIW in Mandaluyong, as reported by RH Edniel Parrosa. BJMP Spokesperson Jail Supt. Jayrex Bustinera said that the former Bamban, Tarlac mayor, remains in the Pasig Female Dormitory.
Parrosa also reported that the BJMP declined to publicize the schedule details of Guo’s transfer due to security reasons. However, the agency assured that they will do it “as soon as practicable.”
As part of the procedures, Guo had already completed her medical checkup.
On Wednesday, the BJMP confirmed that Guo is set to be transferred this week, following the order issued by the Pasig City Regional Trial Court (RTC) Branch 167.
Last November, Guo was sentenced to life imprisonment after being found guilty of qualified human trafficking in persons. Under the 111-page decision, Guo, along with several others, was convicted of the human trafficking activities that transpired inside the Baofu compound. The compound in question was tied to the illegal Philippine Offshore Gaming Operator (POGO) hub raided by authorities in Bamban.
