DZRH Logo
Abalos hits back at Barzaga, denies ties to flood control fund
Abalos hits back at Barzaga, denies ties to flood control fund
Nation
Abalos hits back at Barzaga, denies ties to flood control fund
by Alyssandra A. Pandez16 October 2025
Benhur Abalos Facebook / Kiko Barzaga Facebook

Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Benhur Abalos has denied any involvement in the alleged irregularities in the 2024 flood control budget, following accusations made by Cavite 4th District Representative Kiko Barzaga.

October 14, Barzaga claimed that 4Ps Rep. JC Abalos had been involved in the supposed anomalies, citing his relation to then-DILG Secretary Benhur Abalos.

“Chairman Abalos, on the other hand, has plenty of involvement in the 2024 flood control budget anomalies with his uncle Benhur Abalos holding the Department of Interior and Local Government during the time when hundreds of billions were stolen,” Barzaga said.

In response, former DILG Secretary Abalos released a statement denying the allegations and clarifying that neither he nor his nephew had any role in flood control projects during his term as DILG chief.

“I wish to clarify that during my tenure as Secretary of the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG), I had no involvement in any flood control projects. Furthermore, my nephew, Congressman JC Abalos, was not involved in any such undertakings,” Abalos said.

The former DILG chief urged Barzaga to focus on addressing issues raised in the committee rather than making baseless accusations.

“As public servants, our foremost responsibility is to the people. It would be proper to address the issues being discussed in the committee instead of resorting to baseless accusations,” Abalos said.

“As a father, I pray that you be guided in the actions you will undertake moving forward, and that you set a good example for the next generation.”

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read