DZRH Logo
40 BFP officials to face charges over fire extinguisher kickback scheme — DILG
40 BFP officials to face charges over fire extinguisher kickback scheme — DILG
Nation
40 BFP officials to face charges over fire extinguisher kickback scheme — DILG
by Jim Fernandez21 January 2026

Forty high-ranking Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) officials allegedly involved in the fire extinguisher kickback scheme will soon be facing charges, announced Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Jonvic Remulla.

In a Wednesday report by RH 5 Val Gonzales, the case build-up against these fire officials is near completion. In fact, charges might officially be filed by next week, Remulla said.

Among the 40 officials purportedly involved are a number of retired officials, he also said. Investigation shows that the scheme has been run by an organized crime syndicate; for 25 years, the DILG found that only two suppliers have been receiving contracts for obtaining fire extinguishers.

Earlier, 10,000 BFP fire safety inspectors were subjected to a probe in an endeavor to understand how the scheme has been implemented.

Remulla said that the issues of kidnap for ransom (KFR), mugging, extra-judicial killings (EJK), and “ninja cops” have all been resolved, which is why they have now shifted their focus to the alleged BFP syndicate.

Previously, a fire marshall from the Quezon City Fire Department was sacked following alleged irregularities in the procurement of fire extinguishers involving a condominium developer.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read