

All 38 Filipino seafarers aboard the MV Hondius have tested negative for hantavirus and are under strict monitoring in the Netherlands, the Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) said Friday.
DMW Secretary Hans Leo J. Cacdac said 21 Filipino crew members are already in the Netherlands, undergoing quarantine and observation, with no reported symptoms so far.
“Lahat sila negative sa testing. Wala tayong alam na symptomatic at this stage. That's for the 21 who are in the Netherlands," he said.
The remaining 17 Filipino seafarers are still onboard the vessel and are expected to arrive in Rotterdam on May 18. They will undergo testing, quarantine and close health monitoring upon arrival as a precaution.
Cacdac said medical personnel on the ship continue to enforce strict health protocols while en route to the Netherlands, ensuring the crew’s condition remains stable.
The DMW, along with the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA), Department of Health (DOH), Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) and Philippine Embassy officials, is closely coordinating efforts to monitor the seafarers and provide assistance to them and their families.
Authorities have yet to determine when the crew members will be allowed to return to the Philippines, pending completion of quarantine procedures and clearance from health officials.
Cacdac said the DOH will lead in setting and implementing the required protocols before any repatriation can take place.
