DZRH Logo
2 Sunwest execs tagged in flood-control mess send surrender feelers — CIDG
2 Sunwest execs tagged in flood-control mess send surrender feelers  — CIDG
Nation
2 Sunwest execs tagged in flood-control mess send surrender feelers — CIDG
by Luwela Amor01 December 2025
Photo courtesy: Edniel Parrosa/DZRH News

Two executives of Sunwest Construction and Development Corporation, who are among those wanted in the flood-control project in Oriental Mindoro, have sent surrender feelers, the Philippine National Police-Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (PNP-CIDG) said on Monday.

According to the PNP-CIDG Acting Director, PMGen. Robert Alexander Morico III, family members of the accused, reached out to authorities as part of a backchannel communication.

“‘Yung tatlo continuing manhunt operation although the two of them have sent already surrender feelers," he said in a press conference.

RH Edniel Parrosa reported that, unlike other subjects of arrest warrants who are abroad, the two executives remain in the country.

The two officials are among the three Sunwest board members previously targeted for arrest at a hotel in Pasay City, along with:

  • Consuelo Dayto Aldon

  • Anthony Li Ngo

  • Noel Yap Cao

Morico clarified at Camp Crame that authorities did not wait for family members’ surrender feelers before proceeding with the execution of Sandiganbayan-issued warrants.

“We must understand na 'yung tatlong hinahanap sa local, although nakita natin na mataas ang posisyon nila sa company na iyon but dummy lang, so basically they do not have the money and capacity to pay for a lawyer," he said.

Morico added that the three wanted executives, despite holding high-ranking positions in Sunwest, were largely “dummy” officials with no personal funds to pay for legal representation.

He also disclosed that relatives of the two Sunwest officials reached out to them to surrender as soon as possible.

“I think ‘yung credibility ng CIDG was established na igagalang namin ‘yung karapatan nila, that’s why ‘yung certain kamag-anak nila nagpadala na they are willing in time,” he said.

However, Morico reminded the accused that the existence of a warrant of arrest means authorities cannot delay enforcement.

“But, there’s a warrant of arrest hindi kami makakapaghintay na kung maunahan namin silang mahuli,” he added.

Meanwhile, other Sunwest officials with active warrants who are currently abroad include:

  • Sunwest President Aderma Acazar — in New Zealand

  • Sunwest Treasurer Cesar Buenaventura — in New York

  • Former DPWH engineer Timojen Sacar — in Israel

These three are among 16 individuals charged by the Sandiganbayan with malversation, of whom nine have already been taken into custody.

Meanwhile, resigned Ako Bicol Representative Zaldy Co remains at large, with his location currently unknown.

Share
Related Topics
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read